April 19, 2012

I said Yes! Proposal Story

We had been planning to go to DC for awhile, but everytime we postponed it. In the middle March, T.J. texted  me and said we were going to the restaurant Ruth's Chris. I was excited because it is a really nice place to eat. It crossed my mind that maybe this was the day he would propose. About a  week before our big date, he asked me if I wanted to go to downtown DC. We hadn't been there in a while and kept postponing everytime we planned to go. DC is actually where we we had our first date. We went to the National Zoo and walked around the National Mall with all the monuments. I agreed to go and  I didn't think anything of it. A week before our date at Ruth's Chris, it was given a way to me that T.J. was planning to talk to my dad. This confirmed to me, so I thought, that he must be proposing at Ruth's Chris. I didn't tell him that I knew he talked to my dad. Our day to go to DC arrived, I was really tired and I knew he was tired. I told him that we should postpone going to DC. He refused, but I didn't think anything of it.




We were walking around the monuments. It was a pretty crowded day in DC. Throughout our walk, T.J. was telling me things about our first date and other fun times in our relationship. I didn't think anything of it. He was also getting texts constantly. I was getting a little annoyed because we hadn't been on a date in awhile due to the play production he was involved with at our church. Finally we sat down at a bench by a nice pond area facing the Washington Monument. As soon as we sat down, I saw a stranger in crouched in the bushes with a camera. I couldn't see her face due to sunglasses and I thought it was really strange. T.J. just brushed it off when I pointed it out to him. I still didn't think it was anything, just some stranger takes pictures of a flower or something. He kept talking about how special DC was to us and then he said "DC is where we had our first date and it is where we will get engaged". Then all of a sudden he was on his new holding out a ring and asking me to marry him. Of course, I started crying. It all felt so surreal. I am so blessed to have a wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with!







No comments:

Post a Comment