April 28, 2011

Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes

I wanted to use this can of pumpkin we have in our pantry, but what to make with not that many things in our pantry to use. Of course, pumpkin cupcakes! Too bad the recipe I found called for spice cake mix when all we had is yellow cake mix. Guess I'll be using that instead. Follow the link here to see where I got this recipe. I'm not that great at baking, but these turned out not too bad.


Ingedients

1 package (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix (I used yellow cake)
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 container (16 oz.) prepared cream cheese or vanilla frosting ( I'm making my own frosting)
Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups.

BLEND cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.

BAKE for 18 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread cupcakes with frosting. Decorate with assorted sprinkles, if desired.
 Frosting

I used this recipe here. I didn't have 2 packages of cream cheese, so I used 1.

Ingredients

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions 

In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use. 

recipe via

No comments:

Post a Comment