January 9, 2011

It's Time to Wake Up

I don't know if anyone else feels like I do, but I get slightly annoyed how fast time moves. Seriously, why does it have to move so fast? Already one week has past by in this brand new year. I need time to chill for a second, but unfortunately that is not happening. Now, I have said many times I am going to do this or do that and sadly, it hasn't happened. But 2011 is going to be different. Do you want to know why? Well, I'm going to tell why,  it's because I'm sick of wasting my life. No one knows when their life is going to end or when our time here on earth is done. I think that means I needed to stop worrying about the little stuff and look at the big picture. What am I here for? I'm here to let my light shine and further the kingdom of God.  The main thing I need to do is to stop being lazy and do something about it. Nothing ever happens without some work and this is a part of life in general. I don't know what's going to happen this year, I do know what I want to happen and it may not, but my life is in God's hands. Now after that little blurb of what's been going on in my head, here's my 11 goals of 2011. I only picked 11 because, well the 11 at the end of 2011, lame I know but hey it works for me.

  1. Read through the Bible in 1 year.
  2. Grow in my prayer life
  3. Invest time into someone else
  4. Write down one thing I'm thankful for everyday
  5. Stop worrying
  6. Exercise weekly
  7. Get to bed earlier
  8. Watch less television
  9. Do 2 things off my 30 Before 30 list
  10. Start developing my business
  11. Tell others about Him

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! Maybe reading some good Christian lit is good too! (I've got a stack that I plan to finish..eventually lol) Examples: Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper; Crazy Love and Forgotten God (both by Francis Chan); Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild (I don't remember the author). Don't Waste Your Life is also a sermon series by Piper on desiringgod.com and it's def. good/convicting! I look forward to hearing how it goes as you set out to accomplish your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Don't Waste Your life and started reading it but never finished it, but maybe I will. I do have the book When I don't Desire God by John Piper, that's what I'm going to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Print out your list and put it where you can see it every day to stay on track!

    ReplyDelete