November 27, 2010

It's recipe time

About a couple of weeks ago, I went to a food tasting at Panera with my friend, Ashley & my sister, Chris. They gave us this recipe for Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, which I have yet to try but I thought  I would share because it seems so good. Maybe you'll even beat me in making it (if so let me know how it is:). I hope to make it soon. I'll post pics when I do.


Ingredients
8 slices 1/2" thick Panera Cinnamon Raisin Bread (We tasted this and it's delicious, you can get it for like $3 at Panera)
4 T. melted butter
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
3 large eggs
1 T. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1.2 tsp. salt

1.) For the french toast custard, combine using a hand whisk the milk, heavy cream, eggs, honey, vanilla extract and salt. This custard can be made well in advance. Give a brisk stir before making the toast.
2.) Transfer the custard to a casserole or open shallow dish for dipping.
3.) Dip one slice into the custard and turn over after about 15 seconds. Transfer the slice to a plate while dipping another slice into the custard.
4.) Place a large skillet on a medium fire. Allow the pan to heat thoroughly before pouring 1 tablespoon of the melted butter into the pan.
5.) Place both slices carefully  into the skillet and cook on each side until golden brown or about 2 minutes.
6.) Repeat steps 3-5 until all the french toast is cooked.
7.) An optional step is to place each finished french toast  onto a baking sheet in a preheated oven until all are ready to serve.
Serves 4, serve warm with real maple syrup (Panera Bread. All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment