October 12, 2010

The Basics: Introduction

There a many style books out there by many celebrities, stylists and the list goes on, but I find that they are all pretty much say the same thing except with the author's spin from their personal style. Lately I've been reading different guides (they're good references), because I want to create a timeless wardrobe with a dash of trendiness. I don't know if you have ever felt this way, but sometimes I feel like throwing out everything out my closet and starting all over. Well, I have started to create that basic wardrobe because sometimes you can't afford to buy tons of new things, but if you have the basics a few simple accessories can revamp your look in a snap. This is the beginning of a series on building the basic wardrobe from clothes all the way down to accessories. Check back Thursday for part 2! Here are list of books I have looked at dealing with style , check them out:)

Harper's Bazaar Fabulous at Every Age: Your Quick and Easy Guide to Fashion by Nandini D'Souza


Lauren Conrad Style by Lauren Conrad


Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour by Rachel Zoe and Rose Apodaca


In Style: Style 101 by Editors of In Style Magazine


Other Books I want to read


The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own by Nina Garcia




Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work by Tim Gunn and Ada Calhoun

No comments:

Post a Comment