October 16, 2010

"You are the best thing that's ever been mine..."



Over the past couple of weeks I've been able to speak on the phone with my boyfriend, which of course makes me super happy. (: What has been on my mind lately is how I met this wonderful guy. So, I thought I would share the beginnings of T.J. and I.

I met T.J. my sophomore year at college, he was a freshman. I had seen him around because for one it's not a large campus and two, there's not a lot of black people there.(: He seemed nice, just quiet. My good friend Sheena, on a typical day of classes, told me "there's this guy that wants to meet you." I'm like sure I'll meet this guy, no big deal. She tells me he's not really my type. (What is my type?) Well, who am I to judge, so I agreed to a lunch date. He was a really nice guy, we had great conversation. We talked all the time over Meebo chat. This all started close to the end of first semester, but we continued talking over Christmas break. Now through a series of unfortunate events, I ended up dating someone else. Well...that ended during the summer after my sophomore year. I don't regret my first relationship at all, we had good times together. Enough said there, fast forward to the middle of my junior year at school and who should I find myself talking to in the library one night?...T.J. And from the there the rest is history. I never thought he would become my best friend. I am so thankful to God for bringing such an amazing guy in to my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment